ST. LOUIS -- Writers and readers – save the dates June 16-18 2017 for the first annual Gateway to Publishing Conference and Convention at the Renaissance Hotel near Lambert International Airport.
Hosted by the St. Louis Writers Guild, this is a unique opportunity for beginning and seasoned writers to hone their craft and advance their writing to the next level. Established novelists can also sell their books at the book fair, which is free to the public, and meet with their fans at other reader-focused events.
Register for Gateway to Publishing and get access to all the workshops and writers’ panels, as well as:
* Dinner on Saturday night
* Networking events
* Two pitch sessions with the literary agent, editor, or publisher of your choice (so long as spaces are available).
A few of the outstanding faculty members include:
* New York Times Bestselling and award-winning author Eileen Dreyer (known as Kathleen Korbel to her Silhouette readers!)
* Stephanie Hansen, Literary Agent at Metamorphosis Literary Agency
* Jennifer Geist, publisher at Pen & Publish, Inc. and its imprints: Brick Mantel Books, Open Books Press, and Transformation Media Books
* New York Times Bestselling Author Angie Fox
* Cynthia Graham, the award-winning Brick Mantel Books author
* Ann Leckie, Hugo, Nebula, and Arthur C. Clarke Award-winning author
Literary organization workshops at Gateway to Publishing include:
* St. Louis Press Club
* St. Louis Publishers Association
* Missouri Chapter of Romance Writers of America
* Greater St. Louis Chapter of Sisters in Crime
Cost: General Registration: $250, SLWG Members: $210, Students/Affiliated Organizations: $230, Gateway Con Masterclass: $50 per class
Visit www.stlwritersguild.org/gatewaycon.html to register and for more information.